spousal sponsorship

richard

take my case for example, the attorney said that i can apply for criminal rehabilitation until december 2023 when i would be about 43 years old. after i do that what comes next to your knowledge? how long will that application/process take? just the criminal rehabilitation paperwork/procedure? ive seen the criminal rehabilitation paperwork where it asks why one thinks one will no longer be a threat to public safety, what do you think that i should put there? of people who have a criminal record like mine which is only one felony, what do you think is the percentage of people who do obtain permanent residency in canada? in the meantime that i wait here in el salvador for that date of december 2023, what do you think that i can do to better my prospects to one day hopefully immigrate to canada in your opinion???? rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
after i do that what comes next to your knowledge?
I've told you: after you have criminal rehab (either by applying for it or by being "deemed" rehabilitated) you can then appy for PR (if you qualify) or a temporary work permit (if you have a job offer).

how long will that application/process take? just the criminal rehabilitation paperwork/procedure?
I don't know how long criminal rehab takes off the top of my head. Express Entry (PR) takes about six months after the Invitation to Apply (but indeterminate time before that). Work Permits take months, depending on how long it takes to get an LMIA.

ive seen the criminal rehabilitation paperwork where it asks why one thinks one will no longer be a threat to public safety, what do you think that i should put there?
You need to prove that you won't. You can't just write something and be done with it. You have to get letters attesting to your rehabilitation, you need court documents, all sorts of stuff.

of people who have a criminal record like mine which is only one felony, what do you think is the percentage of people who do obtain permanent residency in canada? in the meantime that i wait here in el salvador for that date of december 2023, what do you think that i can do to better my prospects to one day hopefully immigrate to canada in your opinion?
I have no idea what percentage. Also, this is 8 years from now.

richard

since you already know my case and i know that anything is not happening anytime soon, can you at least tell me why if i got probation instead of actual prison time why a criminal rehabilitation application would be denied? i havent killed or raped anyone or anything of that nature. it was conspiracy to commit an actual crime under u.s. immigration laws. do you think that only an immigration lawyer would know what applications are approved and which ones arent? of the ones that are approved, why do think they were approved and the ones that werent, were not? do you think that a psychiatrists evaluation might help as far as the criminal rehabilitation application goes? i know that for murder and rape, more than likely the application will never get approved but i dont see why my application would be denied if its not that serious compared to a violent crime in which someone killed or raped someone? do you think that my case is simply impossible or it would remain to be seen in the distant future how things play out???? rsvp.

richard

in your opinion only of course, what do you think that i have to do to really prove myself to an immigration officer that im truly rehabilitated??? from the bottom of my heart of course.......... rsvp.

richard

riley, how old are you? im 34. im only asking because i think that making a mistake in life has nothing to do with your age. anyone at any age can make a mistake, would you agree with me on this one? what do you think is the difference between criminal rehabilitation applications that do get approved and the ones that dont? what do you think convinces a border officer to approve one vs. not approving one? if a border officer approves an application of this sort, what do you think were the deciding factors that convinced him or her about it? im only asking because of this, http://canadianimmigrant.ca/slider/a-rare-look-inside-the-black-box-of-canada-immigration-marriage-fraud do you think that there might be a black book when it comes to deciding criminal rehabilitation? does this make a bit more sense now? do you think that some criminal rehabilitation applications do get approved and the ones that do have a deciding factor which is maybe like the blackbox for border officers to have a final say? do you think there might be a secret to border officers determining which applications get approved? like the opposite of red flags so to speak? rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I am also 34. And I agree that anyone can make mistakes. But this has nothing to do with anything, as immigration officials have no obligation to forgive you.

what do you think is the difference between criminal rehabilitation applications that do get approved and the ones that dont? what do you think convinces a border officer to approve one vs. not approving one?
I have told you this before, that beyond what I've already said to you, the manuals that CBSA officials use to make their decisions are available online. If you look for them, you can find them and answer your question.

There are no secrets. You just submit a good application and see where the chips fall. What is a good application? I've gone over that multiple times.

richard

what manuals? specifically, what manuals???? can you show me the manuals that they use to make their decisions if they are in pdf form? rsvp.

richard

when you said that the criminal rehabilitation application assuming of course that it did get approved, you said something about getting letters attesting to ones rehabilitation, court documents, and all sorts of stuff, would that include a psychiatrists evaluation of that individuals mental state as well????? rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I guess a psychiatrist's evaluation could prove helpful, if it's relevant. That's more a question for a lawyer or consultant.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well I don't know. What I meant is, I cannot answer your question about the psychiatrist letter. Someone - a lawyer or consultant - who has filed many of these applications would be able to, though.

richard

i was doing some research online just to see, what are the chances of beating an aggravated felony under u.s. immigration laws and it turns out that only 5% of aggravated felony cases are won! do you think that someone in my case has a much better chance or percentage than only 5% of obtaining permanent residency if i meet all requirements assuming that the application does get approved? im only asking because of this, http://postimg.org/image/pgbzfbm9r/full/

http://postimg.org/image/pgbzfbm9r/full/

notice how it says that even if someone does meet all of the requirements an officer can still refuse a visa just because he or she can! i guess what im driving at here is that if an officer is a dick/asshole they can refuse the criminal rehabilitation application, does this make sense???? rsvp.

richard

but shouldnt their discretion be justified or at least be given an explanation why it was denied????????????????? shouldnt their discretion be in accordance to the guidelines that you told me about???????????? rsvp.

richard

why would the united states, canada, united kingdom, australia, and new zealand all share this immigration information????? why not like with argentina or some other country???????? rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
That's probably a long and complicated answer. But the short answer would be: they are all English-speaking countries and they have a long history of friendly relations with each other (and all but the UK also countries which started as UK colonies, so they have a common heritage). They have a number of treaties which allow them to share information with each other, about terrorism, immigration, crime, and so on.

richard

fine let me ask you this then? what percentage of people who have a case just like mine actually get their criminal rehabilitation application approved? would you happen to know by any chance or know someone that does like a lawyer or consultant??????? i have reason to suspect that even if the application was to be approved then assuming that someone does qualify for permanent residency i would have to compete with others in a lottery type sweepstakes to see or determine who the canadian government will actually want to give permanent residency to............. its like going to harvard, yale, oxford, cambridge, ect.......... where in the beginning there are like hundreds of people but gradually people wash out to see who is the strongest and who will truly make it in the end! would this comparison be fair in your opinion????????????? rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
As I have told you before, I don't know the percentages about criminal rehab. They may be available online, but the last Canadian government really decreased the amount of available information.

I do know some consultants - I work for a few. We do some criminal rehab applications. Some we refer to lawyers.

How you become PR - and whether or not it's a "lottery" depends a lot on which route you take. I thought you were looking to get a job offer from a company that you had connections with. If that's still the case, it's hardly a lottery.

But if you tried Express Entry - and I don't know that you are qualified - that is much more of a lottery.