Thank you for visiting Immigroup, a private organization. This site combines free government information alongside paid assistance; you choose what works best for you. We are not affiliated with any government body. We present government information with simplified language, making everything quick to find and easy to learn about. We have put the services of many jurisdictions in one place. You can find all government services at a lower cost on the official websites. We link you to the official source. If you choose assistance from Immigroup, we outline the benefits on the service webpage. For example, every application is reviewed before filing, and each client gets full call-centre support and clarification of the law and how it applies to their case. Additional benefits can be found on the service page. We invite you to see our complete disclaimer; please click here.
Who Needs a NEXUS Card and Why?
Enrollment in the Nexus Trusted Traveler Program is available to citizens and permanent residents of Canada and the US. Having a NEXUS card will enable you to clear customs more quickly as well as offering additional benefits.
- NEXUS Card holders can
- Use designated self-serve kiosks when exiting certain international airports;
- Get pre-cleared by phone for arrival at a marine port of entry;
- Use designated security lines at domestic airports;
- Use Global Entry kiosks in US airports.
The process of obtaining a NEXUS Card:
- Average processing time for NEXUS Card: 20 business days
- Mistakes made by Immigroup per 100 applications: 0%
- Mistakes by general public per 100 applications: %
- Missing information or incorrectly completed applications are denied. More info
- We have a qualified team of border crossing specialists
- 6 month – card replacement guarantee
- More info
Please note that this process takes anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks, involves preparing your application, collecting all supporting documentation, obtaining an interview date with the nearest enrollment centre and attending that interview.
Using the Government Directly
What we do for you if you purchase our service:
- CBSA will not pre-review your application to ensure the forms and documents are correct before filing – all applications must be completed in full before being sent to the government.Please click here for the Canada Border Services website to find the NEXUS Program.
- NOTE: If you apply directly with the government, please remember that CBSA does not offer walk-in service - all applications must be mailed to the processing centre or you can apply online.
- Immigroup service fee charges are $250 pus taxes and a $50 government fee
- We review every part of your application to ensure it is complete, accurate and mistake-free; the government will not pre-approve or pre-review any applications.
- We complete the application for you if you require it; the government does not offer this.
- We advise you of any additional steps you need to take and of any additional documentation you must provide; the government only offers general guidelines, not advice specific to your case.
- We may be able to obtain you an earlier interview appointment, please give us a call to learn more; the government's automated system will assign you the soonest available interview at the moment you log-on, but will not look for sooner appointments due to cancellations.
- We advise you of any problems you may encounter from filing the application; the government only offers guidelines not specific to your situation.
- We verify all supporting documentation prior to submission; the government does not do this.
- We give you unlimited business-hours phone support from 8am-6pm EST; the government does not offer this.
- We respond to most questions within 1 business day; the government does not offer this.
- We submit your application to the government for you;
- We prepare you for the interview; the government does not offer this.
Two ways to start your service with Immigroup
Mail-in Service (Worldwide)
Walk-in service (Toronto)
- If you receive a letter ordering you to relinquish your NEXUS Card, you must do so immediately. You can only appeal the decision after you have relinquished your card
- Please note that NEXUS lanes at border crossings may change from time to time. They may also be closed during periods of low-volume or for other reasons. Please note that if you do not enter the NEXUS lane because it is too hard to access due to location or traffic, or because it is closed, you have to proceed across the border like a non-NEXUS program member.
- Getting my NEXUS Card urgently More info
- Changes to Your NEXUS Card More info
- Lost, Stolen or Damaged NEXUS Card More info
- Rejected NEXUS Application More info
- Letter asking you to return your NEXUS Card
- NEXUS Card confiscated at the border More info
- Finding NEXUS Lanes at border crossings More Info
- Keeping Your NEXUS Card More Info
- In order to retain your NEXUS Card you need to comply with every regulation, no matter how insignificant or minor. NEXUS Cards can be revoked for any transgression.
- Do I need to carry my passport too? More Info
- Even though the NEXUS card is popularly thought of as a passport replacement, it is not. Though you may not be asked to produce your passport every time you use a NEXUS lane or kiosk, you are still required to carry your passport whenever you travel internationally. Failure to produce your passport when requested by a customs agentould result in losing your NEXUS membership.
Filing an application questions FAQs
- What are the benefits of the NEXUS program?
- What are the eligibility requirements for the NEXUS program?
- What is the application process for the NEXUS program?
- How do I fill out a NEXUS application form?
- What are the documents required when applying for NEXUS?
- How do I submit my NEXUS application?
- What is the processing fee for a NEXUS application?
- What are the payment methods available for the NEXUS application processing fee?
- How long does it take to Get My NEXUS Card?
- What happens at the interview?
- Can children get a NEXUS card?
- What kind of biometric data is required for NEXUS membership?
- How long does a NEXUS card last?
- What if I change my name?
- Can my entire family apply at the same time?
- I have a criminal record. Can I still apply for an amendment to my Record of Landing?
- My application was refused. What do I do now?
- I do not have the passport I used at the time of landing. Can I still apply?
- I have no documents from my home country except a current passport. Can I get my Record of Landing amended?
- I have received no response from CIC and it has been over 6 months since I applied.
I am in big trouble...help FAQ’s
- I got a letter in the mail telling me I must relinquish my NEXUS Card. What should I do?
- My NEXUS Card was confiscated from me for no good reason
- What if my NEXUS Card is lost, destroyed or stolen?
- My NEXUS card contains incorrect information. How can I fix it?
- I have a criminal record. Can I apply for a NEXUS card?
- I am travelling and need a NEXUS Card fast.
- My application was rejected
- My NEXUS Card hasn’t come in the mail yet and it has been weeks since my interview
- I did not tell the truth on my application and the government just contacted me. What should I do?
Using Immigroup FAQs
- Why should I use Immigroup?
- I am traveling and need my card fast. How soon can you get it?
- Why should I hire Immigroup when I can do the application on my own?
- Can you give me free support or where can I get free support?
- I have one important question, but I don’t need the full service. What can I do?
- I called your office and did not get the answer I needed. What can I do?
- How to check the statuses of my application (for Immigroup customers only)
- I used Immigroup but I lost my NEXUS card. Do I have to do the entire process again?
- I used you before, any discounts?
- I am going to do two applications with you, any discounts?
- I need your help, but I can’t afford the fees? Can you help?
- Can I pay you a deposit?
- Do I pay you when I get my card?
- Do you work weekends or evenings?
- How accurate is your website?
- I had something happen to me that is not posted on this webpage
- I can’t find an answer to my question
Basic info FAQ’s See all Questions
- What is the NEXUS program?
- How can I participate in the NEXUS program?
- Who administers the NEXUS program?
- I want to withdraw my application. What do I do?
- Where is the nearest NEXUS enrollment centre?
- How is the NEXUS Card different from a passport?
- How do I use my NEXUS Card at the airport?
- What is Global Entry?
- Using the NEXUS Card at the border.
- Using the NEXUS Card at at a marine port of entry (Port / Marina).
Could not find what you are looking for, no problem we will email you the answer.